I have several ideas for outreach at St. Peter that can be considered at the council meeting in light of the transition report and calendar:
- Festival of Lights
- Bake sales
- Fly-In prayer board or booth
- Soup kitchen and giving room at Christmas time
- White elephant, flea market, bazaar or exchange afternoon
- Open-to-the-public sewing or quilting demonstration, scrapbook table, stamping area, etc.
- Saturday plant exchange in the spring, seed exchange in the fall
- Fourth of July-ish outdoor service and picnic potluck.
- Teach church families to be mentors to new visitors, keep in touch, pray for them.
Shirley Huguelet, Outreach Coordinator